#RockyRoad #Pudding #BiscuitCake
Rocky Road Christmas Pudding Recipe
If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Happy Baking!
• Prep Time: 30 mins.
• Cooling Time: 6 hours.
• Total Time: 6 hours 30 mins.
• Serves 12 people.
• 3 cups (500g/17 ½ 4oz) Milk and Dark Chocolate
(I use 100g Dark and 400g Milk).
• ¾ cup + 1 tbsp (180g/6 oz) Unsalted Butter.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (180g/6 oz) Golden Syrup.
• 4 cups (360g/12 ½ oz) Biscuits
( I use 90g each of digestive, rich tea, gingernut and Biscoff).
• 20 Maltesers/Whoppers
(could also use Rolos, Minstrels, M&M’s, Marshmallows).
• 2 Small Crunchy Bars (or bars of your choice).
• Small pack of Ready To Roll Fondant Icing.
• Cornflour (To Dust).
• Red and Green Gel Colouring.
1. There is no need to grease the 2Ib plastic pudding bowl but if you are making this in a 2IB loaf tin/cake tin line with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a medium-size bowl and melt over a saucepan of warm water.
3. Break the biscuit up with the bottom of a glass or a rolling pin. You want a mix of chunks and crumbs.
4. When the chocolate mixture is melted begin to add the crushed biscuits a little at a time making sure the biscuits are fully coated.
5. When all the biscuits are mixed in, add the Maltesers and chopped crunchies (or whatever chocolate bars you are adding) and mix to combine. It’s important to keep to the measurements mentioned in the recipe as you want a nice wet mixture.
6. Now you can start adding the mixture to the pudding bowl. Add a little and using a potato masher push the mixture down. You can also use your hands just make sure to wear a plastic glove.
7. As you add layer by layer push it down and out to the edge until the pudding bowl is full. This helps to prevent holes and will give a nice smooth finish to the outside of the cake.
8. Place in the refrigerator overnight to set.
9. Remove from the refrigerator and turn out onto a work surface and bang a few times to remove. If you have problems removing it, pour some water over the outside of the bowl to loosen it.
10. Decorate with fondant icing – there are lots of templates available online to get the drippy effect of snow and antlers.
11. Mmm Scrummy!!!
• This chocolate biscuit cake will keep for 4-5 weeks if kept in the refrigerator.
• It can be frozen but you must wrap it in parchment paper, cling wrap and tin foil and can store it for up to 3 months.
• Note the biscuits can lose some of their texture when frozen.
If you wish you can make smaller 1Ib puddings – this quantity will make 2.
You can use whatever biscuits you like just as long as you don’t use more than 360 grams as you want the mixture to be nice and wet so that you get a nice smooth finish on the outside when it’s set.
There are so many options when it comes to what chocolate bars you add to the pudding – I also like Kitkat, Rolos (freeze solid before adding), picnic etc. You can also use mini marshmallows, raisins, glace cherries. I hope you enjoy this rocky road Christmas pudding
#Xmas #Christmas #Dessert