So many holiday traditions are born in the kitchen with recipes passed on for generations, family time baking together, or easy recipes to give you even more together time. H-E-B is here to bring you holiday recipe inspiration the whole family will enjoy. In this series, we invited Marie Saba to share some of her favorite recipes to help you Holiday Even Brighter!
Try this recipe for a Lone Star favorite Texas Pecan Pie.
Texas Pecan Pie
Yields 1 9-inch pie
1 9-inch pie crust (homemade or store bought)
3 large H-E-B eggs
1 cup packed H-E-B light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons H-E-B all-purpose flour
1 cup light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon H-E-B vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons H-E-B unsalted butter, melted and cooled
12 ounces H-E-B Mammoth pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate; then freeze the crust for 15 minutes while making the filling.
2. Place eggs, brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add pecan and stir again.
3. Remove pie crust from freezer and pour filling into crust.
4. Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake the pie at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 45-50 more minutes.
5. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.